Sunday, August 06, 2006

I just feel like writing at the moment, it'll probably just end up being a collection of things that happen to spring into my head!

I've just been practicing, it's too hot to do too much so I'm just doing half an hour at a time. It's amazing how much you can get done in a short space of time. After my lesson with Kyle, I feel like I've reached another level in my playing. There was one small piece of advice he gave me and I now feel like a completely different player. That's good tuition. I still feel I'm stuck in a bit of a rut though, but if my lessons keep going as they are I'll soon work my way out of it. I'm quite positive in that respect. I'm still really nervous about going to London but I think it's the best thing I can do at the moment. It means the plans I had for travelling after college will have to take a back seat, but if I'm having to prioritise, my playing comes first at the moment.

I think travelling would be just what I need. I sometimes wonder if I'm not as independent as I think I am. I want some culture, new people, new experiences and freedom. Who knows, London could bring that to me. I'm really going to miss Cardiff though. It's funny, when I was in London last, I hated it. Mainly because I was stuck in train and bus stations and it was about 35 degrees!

My train of thought has been interrupted by a call from Jonny. I rang him when I woke up this morning as I was suddenly extremely excited about going to see the Cat Empire on Tuesday. I was listening to them earlier and it made me so happy and joyful! They mean the world to me and I just can't wait!

Now my mood has been heightened somewhat. I feel like I'm going to pop like a balloon with excitement.

My brother was on TV just now on the Eisteddfod. I'm happy for him at the moment, and I think he's thinking about moving to London too which would be ace. My Mam would be a bit lonely, but that's just something she'll have to deal with. He's also very happy with Nicola. Now she's an interesting case. I haven't made my mind up about her yet. She's a nice person and means well but I get this feeling she's a little bit immature and insecure. She reminds me of someone else, always trying to prove they're cool or better etc. They're happy together though and that's good enough for me.

It's Brecon Jazz this weekend. I'm looking forward to it, it's just a shame that Polar Bear are playing the same time as us. I hope the weather is good and the vibe is good. It's my last ever gig to do with College so I want to go out on a high. Even though the band is a bit ropey this year, that's nothing to how it'll be next year with half the jazz department leaving. But that may be a good thing and a start of something new in the band.

That's enough for now. Another bit of practice is due. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home